Coastal Boat & Jet Ski Licensing
We are a part of Adams Boat Course which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No.41236; ABN: 86 626 429 652) Our ABN: 75 597 356 381 approved by Transport Safety Victoria and we comply with National Training Standards.
Once you’ve successfully completed the course you will receive your certificate. You then need to take this certificate to a VicRoads customer service centre and they will issue you with your Boat Licence. No further testing is required.
PLEASE NOTE: From the 18th December 2017 a person under 16yrs is not eligible to obtain a Personal Watercraft Endorsement (Jet Ski Endorsement)
Course DetailsCourse: Victorian marine licence (boat) and PWC (jet ski) endorsement.
Once you’ve successfully completed this course you will receive your certificate. You then need to take this certificate to VicRoads customer service centre and they will be issue you with your boating licence. No further testing is required.
Cost: $120 for Boat/PWC or $90 for PWC only
All ages 12 years and upward
Coastal first aid courses coming soon - please get in touch for more information
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the certificate as a licence?
No. You must attend at a VicRoads Office and hand over the training certificate and pay the licence fees to obtain your actual licence.
The Vic Roads Licence Fees are as follows (for initial issue of a marine licence VicRoads only offer a 5 year licence):
- General Marine Licence 180.50
- Marine with PWC endorsement $206.00
- Restricted Marine (under 16) $90.50
- Course fees paid to Coastal Boat & Jet Ski Licensing do not include the licence fee paid to VicRoads.
How long does the certificate last?
I have a group of friends and we want to have a private course at our home.
What should I bring when I attended this training course?
What happens if I don't pass the test?
How long does the course go for?
What are the Assessment Process and Requirements?
There are 30 multiple choice questions for the boat component and you are required to get minimum 26 correct to be found competent.
There are 15 multiple choice questions for the PWC (jetski) component and you are required to get minimum 13 correct to be found competent.
What is your refund & cancellation policy?
In cases where the participant cancels their enrolment in a course offered by Coastal Boat & Jet Ski Licensing as an Approved Training Provider of Maritime Safety Victoria they will be offered a full refund of any monies paid so long as the cancellation is notified at least 48 hours prior to the commencement time for the course.
If the cancellation is notified less than 48 hours prior to the commencement of the course the Chief Executive Officer may offer a refund, offer full or partial credit for another course or may refuse a refund at their discretion.
In cases where there are extreme or extenuating circumstances requiring a participant to cancel less than 48 hours before the commencement of the course the participant is encouraged to explain their situation, and to provide evidence if possible, to the staff of Coastal Boat & Jet Ski Licensing. This will assist in making a case for special consideration.
Cancellation by Coastal Boat & Jet Ski Licensing
If a course is cancelled by Coastal Boat & Jet Ski Licensing all participants will be entitled to a full refund of any monies paid. At the discretion of the participant they may choose to instead use the refund owed to them as credit for another course enrolment.
What are the fees for replacing lost or misplaced certificates?
Where the certificate has been incorrectly filled in by Coastal Boat & Jet Ski Licensing staff, a replacement certificate will be provided for free with the return of the defective certificate.
Eligibility for enrolment.
Pursuant to regulation 30 of the Marine Safety Regulations 2012 (Vic) the following persons are not eligible to apply for a marine licence:
- A person who is disqualified from obtaining a marine licence, during the period of that disqualification
- A person who is the holder of a marine licence that has been suspended, during the period of that suspension
- A person who is disqualified from obtaining a licence or other authority to be the master of or to operate a recreational vessel under
- (i) the law of another State or Territory, or
- (ii) the law of another country,
- in circumstances which, if they occurred in Victoria, would have resulted in the person being disqualified from obtaining a marine licence in Victoria
- A person aged under 16 years of age are not eligible to obtain a personal watercraft endorsement.
- A person who is the holder of a licence or other authority to operate a recreational vessel issued by another State or Territory that has been suspended , during the period of that suspension Applicants should note that they will be required to meet the health requirements for operating a car, motorcycle or boat and this may include further testing where appropriate.
12-15yrs are eligible for a restricted Marine (Boat) licence, students must complete all the same testing as a full boat licence however will have restrictions placed on their licence- As from the 18th December 2017, 12-15yrs are unable to obtain a PWC (Jet Ski) endorsement on their licence.